Preparing for Summer -James

Hi everyone, and welcome to my final blog of the frosh year. Let's finish the year with a bang, and a bang it'll be for this blog about some books that I plan to read for this coming summer. All of these books have been taken from reading other people's blogs, either from their reviews, recommendations, or even from THEIR summer reading list. 

1. Scythe: I have already read this series once before, and it's still my favorite series. I always wanted to reread the series, but never found the time to do so. But blogs from Robenas and Krishna (off the top of my head) have inspired me to read this amazing sci-fi/dystopian book again. Also, I have seen that Neal Shusterman has added a prequel to the series, so I plan to read that as well. If you want to check out what the book is about, I recommend looking at Robenas or Krishna's blogs.

2. Dune: So far I have noticed many people that have read, are reading, or plan to read dune. To bve honest, I have very little knowledge about what the book is actually about, besides the information that I got from watching Dune part 1, like the spices, and the planet Arrakis. This book has really been hyped up by many people, so that's the biggest reason I want check it out. Despite the absurd length of nearly 900 pages, I am committed to at least read a few chapters of the book before watching the second part of the movie. I've heard great things, but I'll have to be extra dedicated during the summer if I want to finish this mammoth of a book.
3. Genres: I've noticed that many of the books I read now are usually either realistic fiction or sci-fi. Because of this, I would really like to "broaden my horizons" and check out some genres I normally wouldn't: such as historical fiction or mystery. I would also like to some classics, like Don Quixote & the Great Gatsby. A few graphic novels wouldn't hurt either.


Of course, I admit this is quite an ambitious list (as I might end up ditching this list and reading whatever I have), but hey, the sky's the limit! Good luck with finals and have a great summer!

Comments

  1. Hi James, I'm also planning to read these books for the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James! These books sound really cool! I might check them out over the summer! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James, these books sound very interesting. I like how you explained each book with intricate details, Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey James! I have heard about Scythe quite a lot recently, and with the whole summer to look forward to, I'll make sure to check this book out! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi James, these are some great suggestions by you and I cant wait to read them over the summer. I also heard that the Dune movie is great, I will have to check that out after I read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi James! Very nice blog. I also wrote my last blog about what I will read over the summer and how I hope to read more in general. I will definitely be adding Scythe and Dune to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi james! i liked that you decided to do something different and talk about the books before you read them. I have also seen these books pop up in other blogs frequently which is probably a sign I need to read them too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Palestine-Israel conflict

The Struggle to Read (James)

Ranking the Dog Man Books From 2016-2018 By Jenny Nham