The Hunger Games: A review by Samuel Troconis

           


            The Hunger Games is a very famous series of books published my Suzanne Collins. 

           The series is set in a Dystopian world, which consists of many social classes that divide the people in it, these are the Capital and the Districts. Each year, as a form of punishment and control, the Capitol requires each district to send one boy and one girl, known as "tributes," to participate in the Hunger Games—a televised event where the contestants fight to the death until only one person remains. The protagonist, 16-year-old Katniss Everdeen, lives in District 12, one of the poorest districts. She volunteers to take her younger sister Prim's place as a tribute when Prim's name is called during the Reaping, which is when the candidates for the Hunger Games are chosen. Katniss, along with another boy in her district are sent to the games. The Hunger Games are a brutal and deadly competition where the tributes must navigate a dangerous arena filled with traps, deadly creatures, and other tributes determined to survive. Katniss ends up winning the hunger games.

            Before reading the book, I had watched the movie in 7th Grade. I remember that I began reading it because people told me how the book was so much better than the movie. After recently watching the new Hunger Games movie, I decided to reread the book. Although many people told me the book was better than the movie, I think that both of them are around the same. Both of them have differences from each other. There were many moments in the book where I felt the tension of the scene, which almost made me feel like I was in the book. After finishing this book, I decided to continue reading the series, and I think you should read this book and the rest of the series too.


Thanks for reading.

        

Comments

  1. Hey Sam, I read the first book of this series and really enjoyed it as well, but after I started the second book in the series I just kind of lost interest. I think I might try to revisit these novels some time. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Samuel, I never read the Hunger Games before or watched the movie but after reading this review I'll consider giving it a shot. Overall good review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Samuel, I have always heard great things about Hunger Games and I have been wanting to read it. This blog only gives me more reason to read this book and I am excited to read it soon. Great blog post Samuel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only ever watched the first Hunger Games movie, although I have been thinking about reading the book for a while. People have also told me that the book is better than the movie. With the new movie that came out, I will probably finally get around to reading this series. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Samuel. I've also read the Hunger Games and had a similar experience as Mateo, enjoying the first book but losing interest with the other two. I really got into the concept of survival games at the time which broadened my reading genre. I actually bought myself the whole series which is currently placed somewhere in my bookshelf. I have heard of good things about the new prequel to the Hunger Games, which I hope to see sometime. Until then, I think I might make an attempt to read the second book, Catching Fire. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read all three books and they are some of my favorite books. this blog makes me want to go back and reread all of them. Great post Samuel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Samuel, I haven't read any of the books, but I've watched all of the movies. The plots of the movies were really interesting and I enjoyed them a lot. I'll definitely have to check out the book series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the hunger games series is one of my favorites (the books and the movies are equally amazing). it is such a timeless series and i love re-reading/watching them over and over again. nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey samuel, great review! After recently watching a ballad of song birds and snakes, I needed a review like this to refresh me on what happened in the first book, and you exactly provided that! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Samuel, I haven't read any of the books or the movies, but this sparked my interest. I might check this book out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Samuel, I love the Hunger Games, but have never read the books. The new movie sparked my interest and this review reminded me that there is actually books that I could read. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Samuel! I love how you compared the movies and books to each other! I recently watched all the hunger games without reading the books and felt like there was information that people that read the book were getting that I wasn't. I'll have to check out the book some time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Palestine-Israel conflict

The Struggle to Read (James)

Ranking the Dog Man Books From 2016-2018 By Jenny Nham