They Both Die at the End: A Review By Jenny Nham

 

    Hi! Welcome back to my blog! In this blog, I will review They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera. Similar to all the other books I read, this book was also suggested by my best friend. In fact, she let me borrow her copy of the book to read it. And no- I still have not returned it to her, but during Thanksgiving break, I will be spending time with her and returning her book (let's hope I remember!). Anyway, I read this book recently, and it was such a good one.

    They Both to Die at the End is about two friends, Mateo and Rufus, who meet through the app, Last Friend, which is an app that helps you meet someone to spend your last day with. They signed up on Last Friend because Mateo's father is in a coma and his mom died in childbirth, and he didn't want to die in front of his best friend, Lidia. Rufus, on the other hand, signed up on this app because he's a foster kid (his family died in a car accident), only having his friends who were in foster care with him. However, he can't spend his last with them because of reasons involving a gang and police. As a result, they signed up for the app and instantly connected.
    In my opinion, They Both to Die at the End is a really good book. The author, Adam Silvera, has a way of words to get you hooked on the book and its characters. I mean, who would've known that I would get attached to Mateo and Rufus so quickly? I didn't even realize that I was attached until I finished the book. Just from the title itself, we already knew how it was going to end, but I didn't realize how hard of an impact it had on me until the ending. I also liked how the author switched points of view from Mateo and Rufus. I think it is just the way he writes in general. 
    Overall, I feel like They Both Die at the End gives you an explanation of how it is to really live your life. It left an impact on everything. In general, I would recommend it to someone if they asked for a book recommendation. 10/10.

Comments

  1. Hi Jenny, this review reminded me of hearing about this book from various friends for a while now (like 7th grade I think), and I think 2024 is the year I should finally read it! Great post :DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this review. I actually have been wanting to read the book, and have heard great things about it. They Both Die at the End is definitely a future read for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vaguely remember reading this book a long while ago and being very sad when Mateo and Rufus inevitably died. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jenny! I remember reading this book in like 7th grade and then having to reread like 3 times over the summer during a road trip because I hadn't taken any books with me besides They Both Die at the End. You did a really good job summarizing the book in good detail! And I have to agree with you about the impact of Mateo and Rufus dying it had on some readers even though from reading the cover you knew they'd die. Good job on the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Jenny! A 10/10, what a compelling review. I see you were praising Adam Silvera! Have you read of his other works? And if so after reading this one do you have any others to recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoi Jenny :DDD, WHOAAAAAAA, this book sounds so cool! Based on your blog, I'm guessing this book explores the question of "What is the true meaning of life"???(a question we shall never explore in biology...).That's definitely an interesting topic to look into. Thank you for bringing this book to my eyes XDD. I will surely pick this book up one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jenny! This is such an interesting book. I've never heard of a book like this. I typically stray from books with sad endings (I'm assuming this one has one) but it sounds like a book worth reading. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heyy Jenny, I've seen so many reviews and mixed reactions about the end of this book online. It's probably a sign I should go and read it. 🤷🤷

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Palestine-Israel conflict

The Struggle to Read (James)

Ranking the Dog Man Books From 2016-2018 By Jenny Nham