Moby Dick, An Iconic and Thrilling Classic by Samuel Troconis


 Hello, This is my review of the book Moby Dick by Herman Melville.


    The Book starts off with Ishmael, a man from New York who loves travelling, and hopes to travel in a ship one day. One day, at an Inn, he meets Queequeg, a man from New Zealand, who would introduce Ishmael to the crew of the ship he is part of. He meets the Crew of the Pequod, a whaling ship. When he meets the captain, Ahab, he learns his search for revenge against Moby Dick, a whale who ripped off his leg. Him and the Pequod's crew travelled many times in the search of the white whale. When they find it, the crew battles against it. The ship is destroyed and the crew loses their life, leaving Ishmael as the only survivor.

    This book was a great read for me. This was an action and thrill packed story, with many ups and downs and many turns and twists. It has many elements of classic literature, and although I usually find old books not interesting, this book was truly the complete opposite. With even some elements of comedy in some parts of the book. I also liked how the main character's search for adventure ended up turning into a desperate wish to survive. The story also has a lot of other minor characters. This book is definitely not what it seems, as it is not a boring and repetitive book, an attribute in my opinion of many classics that I have seen. The unpredictable parts of the story are sure to keep you hooked in the plot. I would heavily recommend this book for people who enjoy adventure stories with a lot of thrill. 

Thanks for Reading.

Comments

  1. Hey Samuel, I've never read moby dick, however I'm quite impressed on how you summarized a long novel into two paragraphs. I also liked how you mention the humor in the novel, it sounds like a lovely read and I will check it out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice essay samuel, I really like how you gave your true and honest opinion about moby dick. I might read the book because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are most definitely welcome for reading your blog. Moby Dick seems like one of the books of all time, and it surely deserves a place on my TBR list. Thank you for this excellent blog, Samuel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Palestine-Israel conflict

The Struggle to Read (James)

Ranking the Dog Man Books From 2016-2018 By Jenny Nham