The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, A review


  

Hi, this is my review about the book The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S Lewis from the Narnia series. When I was little, the movie would play on TV and I would watch it, so reading this book brought me back to those years. 

The book starts off in England during the WW2 where four children, Peter, the oldest, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy, the youngest, are going to leave London and go live in the countryside due to the war. After settling in their new home, the kids decide to explore. After looking through the house, Lucy is left alone in front of a wardrobe, she goes inside and enters the world of Narnia, where she meets a Fawn named Thomas, who introduces her into Narnia. After going back home, she tells the others about her experience in Narnia, but nobody believes her. They decide to play hide and seek the day after, And Lucy along with Edmund, decide to go into the wardrobe. While looking for Lucy, Edmund meets the witch, she convinces him to bring the other kids to her. Lucy meets Edmund, and tells him that the witch was cursing Narnia. They go back through the wardrobe after, and Edmund is able to convince the others to go through the Wardrobe. They all enter Narnia. While there, Edmund goes to the witch's palace and tells her where the other kids are. While running away from the witch, the others are lead to Aslan, the king of Narnia. Edmund decides  to go with his brother and sisters, and joins them to fight the witch.  Along with Aslan, the kids and the other creatures, they all fight against the witch. After defeating the Witch, they are all named Royalty of Narnia by Aslan.

I did not enjoy this book, although I do like fantasy books, I was not a big fan of this one. If you enjoy fantasy books and series like this and you believe you would enjoy it from the summary, I recommend you to read this. But this book was simply not for me.

Thanks for reading

-Samuel

Comments

  1. Hi Samuel, good review! was there any particular reason why you weren't a fan of this book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty boring in my opinion, or I guess it was just not as exciting as other books that I read

      Delete
  2. Hey Samuel, I also watched the Narnia movies when I was younger. My parents have recommended this book to me so I might see if I like it. Good review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading that book when I was a kid and I enjoyed it. I don't know if I read it now I would like it though because I am not into fantasy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Palestine-Israel conflict

The Struggle to Read (James)

Ranking the Dog Man Books From 2016-2018 By Jenny Nham